Friday 16 July 2010

X-Wing Helmet 10.0

"X-Wing Helmet with Star Wars-style decoration" - From the Rebel Legion costume standards


My lid will be the Wedge Antilles Rogue Leader design.
I've bought it from Richie's Armour in the US and it cost $150 plus $30 p&p (about £117.72). I've heard various reports about the quality of his equipment but found the gear sent to me was very good. I had asked for a kit but it came ready built and nicely put together. The visor is straight, the helmet fits snugly on my noggin and all the seams look neat and tidy, no glue seeping out anywhere. It came with the necessary decals for Wedge, just waiting for the time needed to paint this baby up and I will be taking my time! I don't want to rush it 'n' ruin it, especially when doing the weathering on it.
If you are building your helmet from a kit there's a full tutorial here. Even if you have bought a completed helmet, there are some usefull mods to be found within.

Here's my helmet before painting.

It will be a while before I paint this. New baby due to arrive and work comitments always slow things down.
More as it happens














No comments:

Post a Comment